:: providing a physiotherapy service in the home
Physiotherapy Home Visits
Do you or a loved one have difficulty with mobility or transport? Is attending a physiotherapy clinic a challenge?
Would you prefer to receive physiotherapy treatment in the comfort of your own home?
Areas covered: South Dublin – West Wicklow – East Kildare
How it works
You will be fully assessed by one of our friendly staff. With a full picture of the problem, the proposed treatment plan will be drawn up and discussed with you to ensure you are happy with it.
We make sure the client’s goals are discussed on the first visit, thus ensuring a treatment programme that addresses your specific needs.
A session will last from 30 minutes to an hour depending on your stage of treatment and tolerance levels.
What we treat
- Acute pain following trauma or injury to soft tissue, joints or spine
- Chronic pain
- Reduced mobility or function due to general physical deterioration
- Reduced mobility or function following a neurological event such as stroke
- Reduced balance
- Vestibular or vertigo problems
What does it cost?
The standard rate for a home visit is €80.
(Some physiotherapy practices charge extra for the first visit. We do not.)
How can physiotherapy help?
A Chartered Physiotherapist is trained to:
- Assess movement, functional strength and balance
- Identify and eliminate any causes of pain, for example poor posture or bio-mechanics
- Restore full pain-free range of motion
- Achieve maximum strength and flexibility
- Help you improve fitness with a focus on maintaining overall well being
Treatments we provide
We use a range of treatment options including:
- Rehabilitation after illness, injury or hospital stay
- Reconditioning or maintenance of physical function
- Management and treatment of acute or chronic pain
- Balance/Falls prevention strategies
- Exercise prescription
- Functional assessment and equipment prescription
- Disability management
- Manual therapy
- Massage and soft tissue release techniques
- Postural correction
- Protective taping and strapping